Monday, 9 November 2015

November 16, 2015, publication date for 'A Dog and His Boy'.





I'm trying to develop a new habit.

It isn't coming together as quickly as I hoped it might.  The perseverance I'm reputed to possess ought shortly to overcome the difficulty I'm having getting the new thing going.

So far the results have been inconsistent.

Time will certainly reveal the success or failure of the enterprise.

At least that doesn't change and for it I'm grateful.

The publication date for 'A Dog and His Boy' has almost arrived and my apprehension continues, surprisingly, to grow.  Though it's far from a first go-round for the writer the change in venue and audience has added a level of tension that familiarity has long removed from previous artistic rodeos.  I will admit to experiencing a level of anxiety beyond that which I had presumed I might though it's far from unpleasant.

I read somewhere that courage can be defined as the capability of taking action in spite of the presence of fear.  Though I'm sure publishing a novel doesn't meet the definition it would be hard to tell by the moaning and gnashing of teeth accompanying the process in these parts. 

How tender is the mercy of these embarrassments being revealed only to their maker?  I fear I can never repay the universal generosity that spares my pale and hidden frailty from public evaluation.  For no thin-skinned shrinking violet wears the sensitivity of the artist with less grace than that summoned by this writer in his isolated lair.

A man is most grateful for his solitary ways when new works emerge.

An embarrassing appreciation for fawning and the boring fear of rejection combine to render the recluse tag not only accurate but sincerely appreciated at these times.

We all have our crosses to bear.

My novel 'A Dog and His Boy' will be for sale in paperback and eBook formats on Amazon beginning Monday, November 16, 2015.

If you're interested in literary fiction I've still got electronic Advance Reader Copies available in exchange for your review.  Email me here for details and thanks very much for your interest.

Thanks for being here and thanks for sharing the blog and the news.

-          TFP
November 9, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!