Saturday 18 March 2023

Acts of faith

Hello and welcome, reader.

The scent of spring fills my head, if not the air, at Pajama Flats these days. Its arrival is a surprise, too. As I’ve had my mind in other places so long, it snuck up on me. From here, it’s only a minute ago that winter urged me to make another try at chasing failure away from my door.

So, my next novel is on the way.

‘Things I Can’t Change’ is a story that had to be told. It’s my seventh novel, and comes out on Tuesday, April 11, 2023. Click the URL below to pre-order your copy today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BY5JDY2Z?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420

I hope you like it. And thanks for sharing the news with fellow readers.

Because I’m empty and need a few weeks of rest. After putting out a pair of novels and an album of new Harwill music over these last fourteen months, I’m pleased enough with the results to not begrudge myself a break.

And while there’s little money in such a tiny niche, it’s believed an honor to have one with whom to share my stuff. So, more than anything else, I want to say thanks to you for being here.

Before the book publishes. After that, it’s nothing but platitudes. As one must never appear affected by either work or achievement. Because it’s considered poor form. But between you and me, I’m thrilled with the latest works, and have my doubts about doing better in the future.

Anyway, who knows how long these careers last? I sure don’t. As tomorrow is promised to none of us, it doesn’t much bother me, either. I’m just glad to have made it this far, and to have kept the fire burning through these many years.

Mostly, I’m grateful to have had the chance to do my thing.

And though empty now, and despite the ever-present doubts, I’m looking forward to doing more of it, too. After I’ve had a rest.

Meantime, the focus in these parts is on healthy living. Because, once restored, whatever is coming next will let me know. I no longer remember starting to count on that, but I have, and for a long time, now, too.

It’s an act of faith. Though in what, I don’t know. I’ve always claimed, to myself, it was in the work. But even now, after so many years, I’m not sure. Lucky for me, it’s another thing over which I worry little.

Instead, I spend as much time doing as it takes.

The need to rest is part of doing this work, however, and I stopped worrying over taking breaks from it long ago, as well. I think that’s a result of experience, but it could be I’m foolish. Because I know that when you’ve done something for a long while, it becomes a haven, too.

And since learning that, I’ve made a habit of hiding out in my work. In both literal and figurative senses. What’s more, time off does little beyond making me want to get back to it.

But I need the rest, no matter how much trouble it might cause. And I couldn’t enjoy it if I didn’t first tell you there was a new book on the way.

So, there you go.

It’s time for the yearly cleanup here, as well. That means everything, except the most popular example from the last calendar year’s rambling discourse, will be archived by the time you read this post.

      Thank you, once again, for being here. And for sharing this with anyone you think might enjoy reading it, too.

-                   TFP

       March 18, 2023

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!